- TO GO TO SPECIFIC CATEGORIES CLICK ON LINKS BELOW (e.g., Breakfast, Main Dish)
Orange Roasted Salmon (submitted by Leslie Abbate)
- 2 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together the lemon pepper, garlic powder, and dried parsley. Place the slices from one of the oranges in a single layer in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place a layer of onion slices over the orange. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, and sprinkle with half of the herb mixture.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven, and roast for about 25 minutes, or until the onions are browned and tender. Remove the dish from the oven, and increase the temperature to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Push the onion and orange slices to the outer edge of the baking dish, and place the salmon fillets in the center. Season with the remaining half of the herb mixture. Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Pour evenly over the salmon.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the salmon is opaque in the center. Remove fillets to a serving dish, and discard the roasted orange. Garnish fillets with roasted onions and fresh orange slices.
BAKED SHRIMP (submitted by Joyce Gentile)
- 1 stick salted butter
- Lemon slices
- 2 lbs. large uncooked shrimp; shells & tails removed
- 1 pkg. Good Season’s Italian Dressing
- Cooked rice
- Melt butter in a 9″ x 12″ baking dish
- Line lemon slices on bottom of baking dish
- Layer shrimp over lemon slices
- Top with Good Season’s Italian Dressing
- Bake at 350 F uncovered for 15 minutes
- Serve with cooked rice
Chicken Breast with Artichoke, Red Peppers & Mushrooms in Wine Sauce- (submitted by Carol Tkos) (Note: This recipe makes enough for 20 people, so cut in ½ or ¼ depending on number to be served.
- 10 half chicken breast (this will yield twenty pieces of chicken)
- 1 ½ cups low fat buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups seasoned bread crumbs with 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese mixed in with crumbs
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups whole Italian style roasted red peppers in water(chop in smaller pieces) or substitute fresh red peppers cut into small pieces
- ½ can black olives sliced
- 1 qt. marinated artichoke hearts (drained save liquid)
- 2 cups white wine
- Pound chicken and cut in half before breading
- Dip chicken in buttermilk then bread crumbs
- Saute chicken in olive oil til golden brown remove and place in baking dish(spray with oil)
- Combine wine, artichokes, red peppers, mushrooms and black olives in sauce pan. Bring to boil and cook about 5 minutes. Add cornstarch to artichoke liquid and use as thicken agent and stir into the sauce.
Light Crab Cakes (submitted by Mary Ann Mangiaracina) – Serves 4
- 8 oz lump crabmeat
- 2 tbs finely chopped green onions
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbs canola mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell. Stir together green onions and next 9 ingredients and 1/2 cup panko in a large bowl. Add crabmeat and stir gently to combine. Using wet hands, shape mixture into 4 balls. Dredge balls in remaining 1/3 cup panko. Gently flatten each ball to form a 4 inch patty. Cook patties in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with lemon wedges.
Chicken spinach mushroom (submitted by Michele Milito-Winner)
- 2 packages of THIN chicken breasts
- a few slices of prosciutto (optional)
- a half bag of fresh spinach
- 8 oz package of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secret’s Savory Herb and Garlic (I used Good Seasons Italian)
- 1/2C White Wine
- 1/4C Olive oil
- 8oz shredded mozzarella
Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 13/9″ pan with pam and put 2 layers of chicken in pan. Cover with proscuitto, top with spinach, sprinkle with a little kosher salt and coarse black pepper. Top with mushrooms. Whisk together olive oil, wine and savory herb envelope and pour over everything. Lay a piece of foil over (not tight) bake for 30 minutes top with cheese and bake for 5 minutes more.