TO GO TO SPECIFIC CATEGORIES CLICK ON LINKS BELOW (e.g., Breakfast, Main Dish)
Golden Potato Casserole (recipe from Joanne Voulelis’ Mom)
- 2 lb bag of Southern Style Oreida Hash Browns (thawed)
- 1/3 cup butter (I use light butter)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup sour cream (I use light sour cream)
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp salt
- In large saucepan, over low heat, combine butter and cheddar until almost melted.
- Add soup and remove from heat,
- Add sour cream, onion and salt.
- Pour potatoes into pot and gently mix.
- Pour all into buttered (I use butter spray) casserole, 9×13 or larger.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes.
Brunch Egg Bake (submitted by Joyce Gentile – Linda Holmes submitted it in the cookbook)
3 C (12 oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
3 C (12 oz) mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 (4 1/2 oz) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1/3 C green onions, sliced
1/2 med. red pepper, chopped (I used 3/4)
1/4 C salted butter, melted
8 oz. ham, julienne cut
1/2 C flour
1 3/4 C milk
2 T fresh parsley
8 large eggs, beaten
In a large bowl lightly toss cheddar and mozzarella cheeses together. Sprinkle 1/2 cheese mixture into ungreases 9 x 13″ dish. Sauté mushrooms, onion, and pepper in butter until tender. Arrange over cheeses. Layer ham over vegetables and sprinkle the remaining cheese. This much can be done the night before serving. Cover and refrigerate. Wire whisk flour, milk, parsley, and eggs. Pour over cheese mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes uncovered until set and lightly brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
BREAKFAST – BIRCHER MUESLI – Submitted by Anita Coetsee
- 4 cups oats
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (ie Peach/apricots halves/cranberries)
- 1/4 cup honey 4 apples (shredded)
- 1 cup blueberries, preferably fresh.
Soak ALL the ingredients overnight. Next morning stir and enjoy!!! Keep refrigerated. Note: (serves 10, I make 1/2 of it and it is good for a few meals).
Applesauce Raisin Bread – (submitted by Marty Anthony)
- 1 c natural no sugar added applesauce
- ½ c vegetable oil
- ½ c sugar
- 1 ¾ c sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 c raisins
- Non-stick vegetable spray
In a large mixing bowl mix applesauce, oil and sugar. Sift in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg mixing well after each addition. Add egg and raisins; mix well. Pour into 8/4 inch loaf pan lightly coated with vegetable spray. Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.