The Shipyard Women’s Club is open to all women living part time or full time in Shipyard Plantation, Hilton Head Island, SC. Our meetings provide time for common interests, to hear speakers, presentations and programs, and create a community of “…women in time, standing together, part of a line extending forever…” Please join us.
SAVE THE DATE (S)…..
DATE: Tuesday, September 14, 2021
WHERE: Shipyard Beach Club
TIME: 10 AM…...Click here for details: Announcements
SWC Book Club Interest Group Meeting
DATE: Monday, September 20, 2021
TIME: 4 PM …..Click here for details: Announcements
Make a Lantern Workshop!
You are invited to participate in a Lantern Workshop! The HHI Lantern Parade is coming up on Saturday, November 13th at 5pm. For the short walk in the parade, you need to have a lantern. Come learn more about the lanterns, the parade and make a lantern with the HHI Town’s Director of Cultural Activities Jenn McEwen in a Women’s Club workshop!
- When: Friday, November 5th
- Time: 1 to 3 pm
- Location: Shipyard Beach Club
- Spaces Available: 20 spaces for Shipyard Women’s Club members – FYI – Women’s Association of Hilton Head Island members will also be participating in this workshop, too.
- Cost: $25 – Sorry, there are no refunds. Payment via cash or check payable to “Tamra Avrit” to 2 Quincy Lane, HHI, SC 29928 no later than October 15th. Your supplies fee covers the following supplies: parasol or globe lantern, LED battery operated lights, tissue paper, glue, tape, brushes and facility use.
- RSVP soonest to Tamra Avrit at email@example.com or text to 571.344.1624. When you RSVP, please let Tamra know if you want to make either a parasol or a globe lantern.
There is both indoor and outdoor space available at the Beach Club for the craft based on your personal preferences. Please bring a drink/snack if desired. Please bring a mask to wear – even if you have been vaccinated – for indoor use.
If you are wanting to attend, but cannot attend on this day, there are two other workshops on Tuesday, October 19th at 10am and 1pm which may have limited space. Please contact Tamra to see if she can accommodate you!
About the Hilton Head Lantern Parade. Created by and featuring artist Chantelle Rytter, the Lantern Parade is a free event and an opportunity for the surrounding community and visitors to celebrate the history, ecology and people of Hilton Head Island. We want to see our whole community as volumes of light! The only requirement to participate is having a lantern! Lineup for the parade begins at 5:00 p.m. at the Alder Lane Beach Access. The parade will step off at 5:45 PM, right after sunset, and travel north along South Forest Beach up to Coligny Beach Park. The official after-party will be hosted at the Tiki Hut by the parade’s hotel partner, Beach House Resort. If interested, Shipyard Women can walk the short distance together in the parade as a group and celebrate our community!